Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chunky Spaghetti Recipe


Chunky Spaghetti

1 lb. beef
1 medium onion (sliced)
1 medium green bell pepper (sliced)
1 jar spaghetti sauce of choice
1 small can drained mushroom pieces
shredded cheese
large box of spaghetti
salt & Pepper to taste
pinch dry basil
Pinch parsley flakes

Nothing really classy here just tossed in some ingredients I had in the cupboard and sitting around.

I make my sauce first by browning my beef then I drain all but maybe a spoonful or so of the grease out of it. I then tossed in my onion and bell pepper after I sliced them into nice size slices. Let them simmer a bit until they soften up a bit in the beef. Stir around in pan good so they wont stick or burn. Lastly I dump the canned mushrooms in and stir into the other ingredients and then use my dry spices (basil, salt, pepper,parsley) and stir up real good. Once this has simmered for a few minutes and veggies has pretty much softened pour in your jar of sauce and let simmer on low while you cook your noodles.

Once noodles are done I drain most of the water but reserve maybe a half cup to a cup so my spaghetti wont get to dry. I then por the sauce mixture over onto the spaghetti noodles and toss it around real good until spaghetti is good and covered.

Put you some spaghetti in a plate and top with cheese.


Would be even more awesome had I added a spoon of sour cream and a bit of cooked chopped chicken but I didn't think of it at the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment