Saturday, April 21, 2012

Review - The Weepers: The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker

The Weepers: The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker
Released: February 1st 2012
Publisher: Usborne
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 315 pages
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: Susanne Winnacker
Sherry has lived with her family in a bunker for more than three years. Her grandfather's body has been in the freezer for the last six months, her parents are at each other's throats and two minutes ago, they ran out of food. Sherry and her father must leave the safety of the bunker. What they find is an empty Los Angeles, destroyed by bombs and haunted by Weepers - savage humans infected with a rabies virus.
I am a zombie freak so this book grabbed me from the get go and I hated to put it down until I finished it! I was totally impressed with Sherry and how she stepped up to the plate when times got hard in the bunker and her mom just couldn't "take it". Sherry pretty much in my thoughts was the strongest member in her entire family. Even her father in some aspects.

Once it was decided to venture out of the bunker when they ran out of food it was Sherry who needed to go with her father to find food and see what was going on in the world above. It didn't take long for them to run into trouble and get separated. Luckily she was rescued by and later allied up with Joshua who taught her how to fight and protect herself and her family against The Weepers.

I can't imagine being holed up in a bunker for three hours with my family much less three years! Oh my gosh, we'd be done killed one another so no worries on the zombies! Can't imagine having to feed a family of six or seven on a single can of soup either. This story will really drive the nail home on the what ifs. I am here to tell you I am not ready or prepared for any Zombie Rising or Apocalypse.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, this one looks so good! I had completely forgotten its out now!

    ReplyDelete