Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating or books already out that we just haven't picked up yet.
This week on Waiting On Wednesday:


I think I may be on some type of Mermaid/man kick here lately but look at all the beautiful books and awesome sounding synopsis's that are coming out right now as we head into summer! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!

Breathless by Cole Gibsen

Obituary-reading emo girl Edith Small is broken - the end result of forcing herself inside a mold that doesn't fit. All she wants is to conform to her strict sergeant stepfather's rules long enough to make it to graduation day.

But a boat accident threatens to unravel the life Edith has worked so hard to keep. After waking up in a hospital with a lacerated shoulder, Edith fakes amnesia. Because admitting she received her injuries from a blue-haired girl who breathes underwater is all the reason Sir needs to send Edith on the first bus to military school.

Safe at home, Edith struggles to put the nightmare behind her. But the mysterious creatures that live in the ocean aren't about to let her forget.

After meeting Bastin - a strange boy with silver hair and black eyes - on a secluded dock, Edith learns about the war raging undersea to end human existence. A war that Edith, unwittingly, has become the key to winning.

In a world where death is an ever-present shadow and motives are as dark as the bottom of the ocean, Edith must decide if her life is worth risking for a love that can't survive past the shore.

The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Córdova

When an unnatural riptide sweeps lifeguard Tristan Hart out to sea for three days and then dumps him back on the shore of Coney Island, it’s the start of the Sea Court claiming its own. Suddenly, Tristan’s girlfriend dramas and swimming championship seem like distant worries as he discovers the truth: he’s a Merman. Now Tristan must fight for his life, the lives of his friends, and his humanity (if he still wants it), while competing in a race for a throne as ancient as the gods.

Seductive, duplicitous, and with an agenda of their own, these are not the mermaids you know.

9 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Vicious Deep before, I think. But it looks very cool! :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathless definitely sounds like my kind of book! Interesting! *Adds to TBR*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathless looks and sounds good!!! Thanks for sharing!

    If you're interested, You can find my WoW Here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE mermaid stories! These both sound like fun. Thanks for sharing! Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathless sounds intriguing! And I like the cover. This is the first time I've seen it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so freakin exited for vicious deep

    lol i'm on a fairy tale retelling at the monent

    tnx 4 dropping WOW

    ** tnx 4 the follow /i added your button

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of either of those titles, so thanks for sharing!

    I'm a new follower via GFC ;)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Breathless has a great cover I haven't seen it before! Great picks!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are both fantastic picks that I've not heard of yet - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete