Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Review - One For The Money by Janet Evanovich

One For The Money by Janet Evanovich
Released: (November 22, 2011
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 352 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 5/5
Author Site: Janet Evanovich
Welcome to Trenton, New Jersey, home to wiseguys, average Joes, and Stephanie Plum, who sports a big attitude and even bigger money problems (since losing her job as a lingerie buyer for a department store). Stephanie needs cash--fast--but times are tough, and soon she's forced to turn to the last resort of the truly desperate: family.

I read this one a long time ago but over the years I had forgotten how much I loved it and when the movie came out I just had to reread it and hopefully continue on with the rest of the series this time. What can I say except this was a freaking laugh out loud book that kept me in stitches the entire time I was reading it even when Stephanie got herself into some of the gosh awfullest predicaments it was totally fun reading how she wiggled out of them! It's just one of those books/series that I could read over and over and still find funny every time!

Morelli was my next favorite character with his Jersey kind of "charm" and bad boy attitude. I felt worse for him than I did Stephanie because bless his heart he was a cop on the run not only from his fellow officers for shooting an unarmed man but the bad guys as well, and bounty hunters including Stephanie who had no clue what the heck she was doing as a bounty hunter but she could sure keep Morelli on his toes rescuing her if nothing else all the while still trying to prove his innocence and not get caught or killed in the process!

As always I highly recommend reading the book before watching the movie! The book is usually always better for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I really need to read this one! I'd really like to see the movie, since I'm a huge Katherine Heigl fan, but want to read the book first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will totally love it! It's just full of funny! If one is having a really rotten day I would recommend a book from this series as a pick me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete