Monday, November 4, 2019

Dead Reckoning by Caitlin Rother Review

DEAD RECKONINGDEAD RECKONING by Caitlin Rother

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Purchase from Amazon HERE

Synopsis: Tom and Jackie Hawks loved their life in retirement, sailing on their yacht, the Well Deserved. But when the birth of a new grandson called them back to Arizona, they put the boat up for sale. Skylar Deleon and his pregnant wife Jennifer showed up as prospective buyers, with their baby in a stroller, and the Hawkses thought they had a deal. Soon after a sea trial and an alleged purchase, however, the older couple disappeared and the Deleons promptly tried to access the Hawkses’ bank accounts.
As police investigated the case, they not only found a third homicide victim with ties to Skylar, they also uncovered an unexpected and unusual motive: Skylar had wanted gender reassignment surgery for years. By killing the Hawkses with a motley crew of assailants and plundering the couple’s assets, the Deleons had planned to clear their $100,000 in debts and still have money for the surgery, which Skylar had already scheduled.


My Thoughts: I can't say I "enjoy" reading true crime books but read them more in disbelief at the cruelty and inhumanity people can do to others. I can honestly tell you that in this story the truth is far greater than any fiction story could have ever been and the author captures in great detail all aspects of this terrible crime from start to finish.

I thought of Dead Reckoning long after I completed reading the last page because the crime was so horrendous and unbelievable! How can something so innocent as trying to sell ones own property be turned against them and oh my gosh I can't believe why these poor people had to die! Just so sick.

Kudos to the author for all the hard work in obtaining so much research on this case.

*I was given a copy of Dead Reckoning for an honest review.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. everything about the book makes grabs me. i love an author that does their research. thanks for the review and bringing dead reckoning to my attention
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the thoughtful review. I really appreciate it! If you liked this one, I've got 12 other books that you can find described on my website, https://www.caitlinrother.com
    Best,
    Caitlin Rother

    ReplyDelete