Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review - This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Released: June 19, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 336 pages
Format: ARC
Source: Tour/Southern Bloggers
Rating: 5/5
Author Site: Courtney Summers
It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going.
2 words- Super Amazing
This is Not a Test unleashed so many different emotions in me. It found hidey holes inside me that made me feel each of the characters which usually doesn't happen for me. I usually can relate in some way or form to one maybe two characters in a story but this one was told in such a way that I felt as though I was taking on each of their identities one by one as the story unfolded.

This is NOT your ordinary zombie fiction. If you go into the story looking for a nice erratic zombie tale full of blood and gore and all that then you are going to really be let down. This is a tale of survival yes but it's much deeper than that. It involves despair before the zombies ever come into the picture and then leads up to survival, letting go, and eventually forgivness. There were times I was so angry and others I felt so sad I almost wanted to cry. My emotions were just all over the place reading this. I realized that there were things much worse than zombies to fear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment