Friday, May 4, 2012

Review - Hollyweird by Terri Clark

Hollyweird by Terri Clark
Released: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Flux
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 240 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: NetGalley
Rating: 3/5
Author Site: Terri Clark
When sixteen-year-old Aly King is the grand prizewinner in the "Win a Date with Dakota" contest, it seems like a dream come true. Along with her best friend Desi, and soap star wannabe sister Missy, she flies from Colorado to Hollywood for her celebrity date. Like every other girl in America, Aly knows that Dakota Danvers is a smoking hot movie star. What she doesn't know is that he's also Satan's son.
A cute and simple girly girl story. Really easy to read without having to give much thought to what was going on because it was your everyday teen groupie cliche with some "light" paranormal additives tossed in for flavor.

The characters were okay for the most part with my favorite being Jameson (yum) and my least favorite being Aly. I just felt she was pretty ditzy not believing stuff when it was right in front of her! One of my favorite things was Jameson's phone. How cool it would be to have one like that! (er then again...I'd probably stay in trouble!)

I would totally recommend this to anybody needing a quick, light, fun read.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to reading this one soon. I loved the first book by this author called Sleepless- it was similar, in that it was a light, funny story with some paranormal activity thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It was just the break I needed in between the heavier reading type books.

    ReplyDelete