Friday, May 11, 2012

Follow Friday





Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


This Week's Question: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother's Day. In celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?

This is the only one coming to mind right off.
EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she suceeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS...

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series yet either :( Happy Friday! I hope you'll drop by and see who I picked:)

    old follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a cool choice! I'd never heard of it before.

    My "FF" post.

    Now following via Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good answer, I didn't even think about it. But you're right, they totally had a great relationship!
    Hopping thru, happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read it, but I've heard such good things about it. I really need to check it out one of these days!!!!

    ReplyDelete