Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review - Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer

Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: June 26, 2012
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 352 pages
Format: Hardback
Source: FirstRead Win
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: Sarah Strohmeyer
Gigi, Bea, and Neerja are best friends and total overachievers. Even if they aren't the most popular girls in school, they aren't too worried.

OKay so the three main characters would probably beat me to death for calling this a cute story but it was! It really was Gigi, Bea, and Neerja! The girls have been besties since Kindergarten and are convinced that with good grades they will eventually get everthing in life they want but as life goes they soon found out how wrong they were.

They were actually not a blip on anybodies radar because they studied so much and did so little extra on the side like going to parties and assemblies or even bothering to eat lunch in the cafeteria that their other classmates barely knew them or knew they existed and this is when the girls realized their plans were not going as well as they had hoped.

I really loved the interactions between Mike and Gigi. They were my two favorite characters. They were just sooo sweet? I just totally fell in love with Mike even though he supposedly got Gigi in trouble for copying from her paper. (or did he?)

I think most any teen girl would enjoy reading about Gigi, Neerja, and Bea because highschool is tough and this story is a light fun read and who knows maybe in some odd about way their tales of love and education can benefit a struggling teenager. While it didn't benefit me or take away from my life one way or another it took me back in time and had me reminicing about some of my old highschool friends and wondering what if......




0 comments:

Post a Comment