Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review - Feast Of Fools by Rachel Caine

Feast Of Fools by Rachel Caine
Released: November 3, 2009
Publisher: Signet
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: Rachel Caine
In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he's set for Morganville.

Of the first 4 books in this series this one is the one I least liked but don't get me wrong it is NOT because it was not good it just was a bit "slow" moving for me until about midways. Anyhow...I thought Oliver was bad news but Oh my Gawd Bishop and his cronies have quickly went above and beyond him! Hell he is like a vamp angel next to them! I despised Ysandre ( a female vamp that came with Bishop) more than the lot of them. She instantly took a strong liking to Claire's man Shane and rubbed their noses in it because there was nothing they could do about it without causing ALOT of trouble for themself and their friends and Claire's family who stupidly moved to Morganville to be near Claire. Gives a totally new meaning to that old phrase "Sometimes parents just don't understand!" because I wanted to lay the smackdown on them myself! Here Claire is trying to protect them and they have to play the parent card and wind up in deep doo doo alongside her. As if the poor girl didn't have enough problems!

OK I can't go into much more except to say that a big welcome feast is coming up for Bishop and each vampire must bring a human "date" and wouldn't you know that dang Ysandre demands Shane to be hers and he can't say no or else. There are quite a few eye raising pairs going to the feast but I'm not telling! You'll have to dive in and catch up! So until Book 5 I'm over n out!

3 comments:

  1. Now you need to get reading book 5, because that one was GREAT. :)Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and I am anxious to continue on but got to hurry and pick up the next coupla in the series. They supposed to be on the way fingers crossed they get here soon. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first three :) Good series.

    ReplyDelete