Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review - The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine

The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires #2) by Rachel Caine
Released: April 3, 2007
Publisher: NAL Jam
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 5/5
Author Site: Rachel Caine
Claire has her share of challenges. Like being a genius in a school that favors beauty over brains; homicidal girls in her dorm, and finding out that her college town is overrun with the living dead. On the up side, she has a new boyfriend with a vampire-hunting dad. But when a local fraternity throws the Dead Girls' Dance, hell is really going to break loose.
May contain spoilers if you have not read book 1 (Glass Houses)

My awe continues into book two of this series again with not a moment of dullness and with just as much action, if not more! We are sitting on our seats as the book opens in fear and pain because Shane's dad has come to town with revenge on his mind for what happened to his family when they lived in Morganville. He and his possee has taken over Michael's house and "killed" him thinking he was a vampire. I really wanted to scratch that mans eyes out!!! How can Shane have the same blood running thru his veins as Frank Collins?

Frank causes all kinds of nasty messes all about town and gets Shane into some very hot water and we're left worried and upset if The Glass House gang will be able to come to the rescue before it's too late.

I'm still not 100% sure which of the guys I lust for more..it's still a tight race there nor have I drawn any new conclusions on Amelie but I do respect her which is a helluva lot more than I can say for the other vamp leader Oliver whom I despise with a passion. Sam, a new vamp we're introduced to has a history with Amelie that I am anxious to explore more. I just know there is more there than what has been revealed thus far and it has totally peaked my curiosity wondering if they were lovers or what?

Oh and just a little side note on our girl Claire...well it seems she has started growing a nice pair of balls and is quickly losing the 16 year old sweetness and I think things is about to get all kinds of nasty up in here so stay tuned and don't come out after dark!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love The Morganville Vampires series.

    I've done several reviews of the books if you want to check it out.

    Great review. And I completely agree with you about Claire seriously growing up.

    -Marybeth P.

    ReplyDelete