Sunday, September 18, 2022

Book Review - The Night Shift by Alex Finlay

The Night Shift

The Night Shift by Alex Finlay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:  It’s New Year’s Eve 1999. Y2K is expected to end in chaos: planes falling from the sky, elevators plunging to earth, world markets collapsing. A digital apocalypse. None of that happens. But at a Blockbuster Video in Linden, New Jersey, four teenage girls working the night shift are attacked. Only one survives. Police quickly identify a suspect who flees and is never seen again.

Fifteen years later, in the same town, four teenage employees working late at an ice cream store are attacked, and again only one makes it out alive.

Both surviving victims recall the killer speaking only a few final words. . . . “Goodnight, pretty girl.”

My Thoughts: I feel like The Night Shift will probably be one of those stories the reader will either love it or hate it, but as for me, I may be in a minority here, but I enjoyed it. Maybe because it had more of a nostalgic feel with the video store and existing back in that era and all for me...I just don't know, but I liked how the survivors lives were intertwined and kept coming together with new twists and kept the pacing moving along so I didn't want to put the book down. Most of the characters were fun and engaging with a couple that I came to despise but I couldn't figure out why in this world the author put a detective in that condition in such a leading role/position until towards the end of the story. It made a bit more sense to me then but gosh what an ending.......



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment