Monday, September 19, 2022

Book Review - Hell Spring by Isaac Thorne

Hell Spring

Hell Spring by Isaac Thorne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis: In the twilight of March 21, 1955, eight people take cover in their local general store while a thundering torrent and flash flooding threatens life and livelihood alike. None of the eight are everything they claim to be. But only one of them hungers for human souls, flesh, and blood.

An overflowing waterway destroys their only path of escape. The tiny band of survivors is forced to confront themselves and each other when a peculiar stranger with a famous face tries to pick them off one by one.

Can the neighbors survive the predator in their midst as well as the 100-year flood that drowns the small town of Lost Hollow?

Or will they become victims of the night the townsfolk all remember as Hell Spring?

 

My Thoughts: Okay so I am really riding the fence on this one. While not a bad story, at all, I just don't feel like it was what I was thinking it would be or that I am the target audience for it but that is my fault alone and not the authors!

Lets just start with that gorgeous cover! That deserves a star all in itself. Absolutely gorgeous! Next, high fives on the writing! It flowed easily and was simply beautiful writing or I may not have made it thru that first section of the story! I actually thought I had downloaded the wrong book because I couldn't for the life of me understand what "that" had to do with the synopsis I had read. I'm not saying what "that" is because it's just something you need to experience on your own! Enough said.

Even with those great things I would have enjoyed it more had it been shorter...it was way to chatty and overly explanatory at times and sadly it just wasn't scary and that was what I had been anticipating.

Thanks to Netgalley and Lost Hollow Books for providing me with this copy for my honest review!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment