Thursday, April 14, 2022

Book Review - Uzumaki by Junji Ito

Uzumaki

Uzumaki by Junji Ito
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis: Spirals... this town is contaminated with spirals...

Kurouzu-cho, a small fogbound town on the coast of Japan, is cursed. According to Shuichi Saito, the withdrawn boyfriend of teenager Kirie Goshima, their town is haunted not by a person or being but by a pattern: uzumaki, the spiral — the hypnotic secret shape of the world. This bizarre masterpiece of horror manga is now available in a single volume. Fall into a whirlpool of terror!


My Thoughts: My first manga experience and I so enjoyed it! The artwork was super and I could read this over and over and not get bored of gazing at the images.

While rated horror it wasn't scary for me but I enjoyed reading as each chapter introduces us with more ways the spirals come to be and how they scared and began taking over the town climaxing into so many oddities that I couldn't bring myself to put the book down.

I wasn't really satisfied with the ending....I wanted more but still in its own way everything was wrapped up.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment