Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Book Review - Other People's Lives by J.E. Rowney

Other People's Lives

Other People's Lives by J.E. Rowney
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Synopsis:  “Let me ask you. Are you worried that someone is watching you, or are you worried that you think someone is watching you?”

Sophie Portman has lost her husband, and she thinks she may be losing her mind.

She seeks the help of psychiatrist Andrew Thacker, but as she starts to open up, the truth begins to unravel and nothing is quite as it seems.

My Thoughts: 2.5 is as much as I can go on this one because I really didn't like it much at all. I get it. I understood what supposedly happened in the end but it took far to long to get there and when the reveal was made it was almost like a slap in the face after having to endure all those doctor sessions in the first 60% or so of the story and have it not really mean much to the story. I feel like a whole chunk of the first half of the book could have been deleted and made shorter and I would have enjoyed it more.

One big thing that made no sense to me is (view spoiler on Goodreads)

I wanted to enjoy this so badly but it was so slow to get to the point and I disliked all the characters. None of them were interesting to me.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment