Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Guest Post Good Guys Love Dogs by Inglath Cooper


Synopsis:

Desperate father Ian McKinley moves his delinquent teenage son to the small Virginia town of Keeling Creek, a place very unlike the New York City life he has been leading. Love takes him by surprise when he falls for Colby Williams, a woman unlike anyone he has ever been drawn to, a small town vet with a heart for animals and a fierce love for a teenage daughter she is also struggling to raise.

But Colby has a secret in her past, a secret she's not sure her daughter will ever forgive her for. And as for Ian McKinley, he seems too good to be true. If she had learned anything from the one time she had thrown her heart fully into love, it was that it didn't last


Guest Post:Topic--How do you begin writing a story? I mean like do you fly by the seat of your pants or do you form an outline and do you have some idea how you want the story to go or end beforehand or does it just sort of flow on it's on?

First, thank you so much for the opportunity to be here!

I have never been a writer who maps out the entire story before I start writing it. My brain just doesn’t work that way. It is similarly reluctant when it comes to such organized tasks as map reading and following a recipe.

I start with an idea of a person and a place where they suddenly find themselves, a turning point of some sort that will basically redefine their lives. My goal is to tell the story in a way that will allow that to happen.

In the past year or so, I have started dictating the first draft of my story rather than writing it out the way I always have. I’ve really come to love this method for a number of reasons. I have four daughters and am on the go
a lot. I use the iTalk app on my phone and I’m able to get in stretches of writing during times when I wouldn’t otherwise be able to write. I find that I usually end up with a lot more dialogue and less description.

When I type out the story on my computer, I edit along the way through getting the first draft down, put it aside for a few days and then go back to it for several more drafts of editing and filling out the story.


Author Info:

RITA Award-winning author Inglath Cooper has written 9 published novels and 2 novellas. She fell in love with books as soon as she learned how to read. “When I was a little girl, we had a black-and-white TV with rabbit ears. Needless to say, it didn’t pick up a lot! I spent a good deal of time with my nose in a book. I think I read most of the books in my elementary school library.”

That love for books translated into a natural love for writing and a desire to create stories that other readers could get lost in, just as she had gotten lost in her favorite books. Her stories focus on the dynamics of relationships, those between a man and a woman, mother and daughter, sisters, friends. They most often take place in small Virginia towns very much like the one where she grew up and are peopled with characters who reflect those values and traditions.

“There’s something about small-town life that’s just part of who I am. I’ve had the desire to live in other places, wondered what it would be like to be a true Manhattanite, but the thing I know I would miss is the familiarity of faces everywhere I go. There’s a lot to be said for going in the grocery store and seeing ten people you know!”

Her passion for writing has most recently translated into songwriting which she considers a natural extension of her love of storytelling.

Links

Website: http://www.inglathcooper.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/inglathcooperbooks

Twitter: https://twitter.com/inglathcooper

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/80937.Inglath_Cooper

Her romance ebooks are available through Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, itunes.com, and
Kobobooks.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment