Monday, May 27, 2013

DiSemblance Tour - Shanae Branham


Synopsis:

Jason Tanner’s life has always been different from the ordinary citizen’s. It started when he was an infant and his parents were only teenagers. A computer science prodigy, Lloyd attended MIT but left a pariah in the eyes of the school’s dean—but a computer physics genius in the eyes of his primary investor. Then his theories and ideas created a holographic machine and their world shrunk as contact with the outside world became less and less frequent. A computer prodigy now himself, Jason is about to learn that the world never waits for you if you have the ability to change it: it will come for you.

Amazon

Character Interview with Boston Komen:

This is a special type of interview called an association interview. The interviewer holds up a picture and Boston responds with a two-word answer that describes her feelings towards the object in the picture.

1. A picture of Boston’s tree house is held up.

Boston answers, “Safe, free.”

Jason followed her up the tree moving from branch to branch. Where the branches were sparse, wooden bricks had been nailed into the trunk of the great tree. He didn’t look down or even think about how far up they were going, but kept moving until he reached a wooden platform secured and hidden in a swath of large branches.

“Wow,” he breathed out as he looked down from the sturdy perch. They were more than fifty feet in the air. He could see over the top of the whole park into the surrounding neighborhoods. (DiSemblance, page 26)



2. A picture of Boston’s Honda Nighthawk motorcycle.

Boston answers, “Exciting, dangerous.”

They reached the spot where her motorcycle was hidden, and she stood back while he uncovered it. When he was finished, she retrieved the key from beneath a rock and handed it to him. She looked cold. He took off his jacket and helped her put it on. They mounted the motorcycle. Her arms slipped around his waist, her head nestled against his back, and they
drove off. (DiSemblance, page 49)

3. A picture of Boston’s mother.

Boston answers, “Numb, I-Can’t-measure-up.”

Jason did not want to mess with Ricky Stedman. …his gang had been in the newspaper for vandalism, petty theft, and drunk driving.

“My mom wants me to date him.” Boston said. “His family has money. His dad’s a doctor and his mom’s a lawyer.”

Jason stared at her in astonishment.

She blushed. “They’re professionals.”

Boston said the word “professionals” as if it meant they were gods. (DiSemblance, page 22)

4. A picture of Ricky Stedman.

Boston answers, “Scumbag, betrayal.”

…Ricky had Boston pinned beneath him atop a rusty old merry-go-round. His back was to Jason, and his legs stuck out between the bars. The mass of his body restrained Boston’s kicking. She screamed again. Ricky held her thigh with one hand, while his other hand was trying to stuff her mouth with a piece of cloth he had torn from the bottom of her skirt…. (DiSemblance, page 48)

5. A picture of Jason Tanner.

Boston answers, “Protection, tenderness.”

Without hesitation, Jason rushed forward and slammed the branch into Ricky’s back with a loud crack! Boston stiffened as the linebacker collapsed against her…. Lunging forward, Jason grabbed Ricky and yanked him backwards. As the bully came off the wet apparatus, his left leg caught on one of the metal bars and twisted grotesquely. Jason heard a snap as the attacker hit the ground, crying out.

….The moment Ricky was off her, Boston scooted to the center of the merry-go-round…. Jason bounded onto the merry-go-round… positioning himself between her and her assailants. “Leave her alone!” he commanded. (DiSemblance, page 48)

About this author:

I am a professional writer with a bachelor’s degree in creative writing and a minor in grammar. I have also attended several years of classes and workshops in screenplay writing at the Los Angeles Screenplay writer’s Expo.

I love suspense thrillers and am a master at plot and character development. I enjoy stories with happy endings. I promise all my readers that when they put one of my books down or walk away from one of my movies, they will be enthused with excitement and joy. This does not mean there will not be some sad parts, because you have to feel the bitter in order to understand the sweet.

I was born and raised in a small town in Idaho. I am the second out of six children. When I was in my early 20’s my mother was killed by a drunk driver. This one incident drastically changed my life. I have always had a passion for reading and writing fiction. Owing to a life long struggle with Dyslexia, early teachers discouraged me from pursuing a career in writing.

As I have spent over twenty years wrestling with my language disabilities–turning them into professional writing skills, God has honed my insatiable passion into an incredible vision.

My Christian upbringing has instilled within me the belief that “…with God nothing shall be impossible” (Luke 1:37). This has sustained me through the hard times. Because of my language disability, I have had to learn the structure of the English language like other people learn math – building block upon building block.

I am grateful for this experience because it developed in me a skill and love for diagramming sentences, which unfortunately is becoming a lost art.

I want my life to be a living testament that with God’s help anyone can achieve their worthwhile dreams. What God requires is the humility to change, a childlike teach-ability to learn, and the patience and persistence to practice and work until their weaknesses are transformed into strengths.

Goodreads / Website / Facebook / Twitter

1 comment: