Saturday, October 8, 2011

Review - The Three Pigs by David Wiesner




Reading level: Ages 4-8
Hardcover: 40 pages
Publisher: Clarion Books (April 23, 2001)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0618007016
ISBN-13: 978-0618007011
Authors Site: David Wiesner
Three pigs... Straw, sticks, bricks... Huffs and puffs... You probably know the rest. It's an old story, And every time someone tells it The same thing happens.
But who says it's suposed to? Who's in charge of this story? Who gets to decide? Has anyone asked the pigs? No? Well, it's about time someone did. Here, Thanks to David Wiesner, Is the answer.


Hummm... Totally not what I expected, definately not your classic Three Little Pig tale. I'm just so glad that I read and reviewed this book before I read it to my kids because this book is pure rubbish.. It starts out like your ordinary three little pig tale but when the big bad wolf ate the first pig the story just got weird from there. And what does "Hey Diddle Diddle" have to do with anything in the three little pig story? I dont see the point and was completely lost. Oh my !!! I think I need a xanax to recover from the shock to my system. A big plea to the author....PLEASE leave the Classics ALONE....

0 comments:

Post a Comment