Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review - Give Me, A Fairy Tale by LK Rigel

I dont read alot of ebooks for the most part because I dont have any kind of ebook reader and have to stay glued to my computer to read one and because I really prefer the "book in hand" method of reading but feel that I am missing out on some good reads because of this so I have decided to challenge myself to read at least one ebook per week and I will be posting those on Saturdays so I think I will call them Spineless Saturday Scoops.
Give Me, A Fairy Tale by LK Rigel
Published: Aug. 31, 2011
File Size: 423 KB
Source: Author
Author Site: LK Rigel
A young witch with a good heart. Two lovers in mortal danger. A spell that ends in disaster.

Lilith Evergreen lives in the California desert, an ordinary woman until her fiancé returns from London with a ring he bought from a street vendor. When Lilith puts it on she dreams of a green land that's anything but desert, a tree at cliff's edge, a ruined castle, and a handsome prince.

Then she discovers that it's all real.
I really enjoyed Give Me, A Fairy Tale. It had all the entertaining elements of a great fantasy with witches, spells, and castles. The story grabbed me from the beginning with a twist I had not expected so soon between Lilith and her boyfriend which really got the ball rolling sending Lilith off on a fantasy vacation into a place far far away from her home in California and into the reality of her dreams.

The history drew me in of The Wyrding Witch and the God Aeolios who demanded she hand over one of her daughters for him to wed or pay the consequences. She refused him of course and had to perform a powerful spell to protect her daughters from him that damaged and weakened her heart.

Although this was a terrific fairy tale I still feel it was a bit rushed in places. I would have liked to have gotten to know more about a few of the characters. I wanted to spend more time with Elyse before everything went to Hades in her life and even afterward as she struggled with the things she had done. I hated seeing her as a bad person. My heart went out to her because no matter what her good intentions were nothing ever seemed to go as she planned.

My only regret is the story was not longer! I hated for it to end!

0 comments:

Post a Comment