Friday, August 29, 2014

Captain No Beard Series - Carole P Roman


About the Series:

Captain No Beard - An Imaginary Tale of a Pirates Life
"Named to Kirkus Reviews' Best of 2012"

Captain No Beard and his pirate ship The Flying Dragon set sail for a voyage of the imagination with his fearless crew of four: First Mate Hallie, Mongo the Monkey, Linus the loudmouthed lion, and Fribbet the floppy frog. Normally a young boy named Alexander, his cousin Hallie, and three stuffed animals, once they board his bed their world is transformed into a magical vessel sailing the seven seas on dangerous and exciting adventures!

Purchase these on Amazon

My Thoughts: I totally loved the high seas adventures of Alexander and his crew as they fight storms and encounter all kinds of other incredible things on their imaginary journeys. Took me back in time as I remembered my own childhood fantasies and pretend trips and journeys I used to make up. The books are so beautifully illustrated and children will enjoy them alot for sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment