Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review - Love Me For Me by Kate Laurens

Synopsis: 
It’s been three years since Serena King learned to say no—no to the boys that were a desperate cry for help, no to the extra weight she put on in self defense, and most of all no to the abuse that has haunted her since she was fifteen. Now a sophomore in college, all she wants is to be normal. The last thing she expects is a guy who can make her want... make her want everything.

Amazon Purchase Link

Review: Very realistic story! Amazing actually as it could have been describing any number of people I know or knew at some point in my life. Selena has a few secrets about her past and the one person she should have been able to trust, (her mom), fails her by not believing in her which caused a drastic measure to take place in Selena that takes years to unwind and she wont trust or let anybody get that close to her to confide in again for fear of being treated same as her mother treated her only she soon learns that life has been tough on some of her new found friends as well and they are harboring secrets and hurts of their own.

I read this book literally start to finish in a matter of hours because it drew me in and I could really feel the pain and angst coming off the characters instead of being told so much how they were feeling. To a certain point even if the circumstances were different I think we all at some point in our life has suffered some of the pains and feelings that could drive one to act out as Selena had.

I was okay with the way it ended but I would enjoy seeing these characters make appearances in future books.

2 comments:

  1. Consider me intrigued! I don't know what to expect based on the short summary, but i'm a real sucker for realistic stories.

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good! I have heard Kate Laurens was a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete