Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Review - Shaman, Healer, Heretic by M. Terry Green

Shaman, Healer, Heretic by M. Terry Green
Released: January 19, 2011
Publisher: M. Terry Green
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 336 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Author
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: M. Terry Green
Even for a techno-shaman, a kachina in the bedroom isn't exactly part of the drill. When Olivia Lawson wakes to find one towering over her, she panics. A Hopi god visiting the real world isn't just wrong; it's impossible. Or is it?

Shaman, Healer, Heretic was a new interesting concept to urban fantasy or for me at least because it was my first story about shamans and such. It actually opens with a visit from a kachina which I was like what the heck is that? I thought it was some kind of insect. (silly me) It was new to me but spooked me the more I read of it. I started this book at night and when I read about Livvy waking to having one in her room I put the book down until the next day. LOL

Livvy is of course a shaman and she helps people spiritually via a pair of "specialty" goggles by traveling to the spirit underworld but things are amiss and people are dying and getting sick and shamans are being blamed. Livvy must go against the rules and team up with other shamans to try to figure out what is going on and quick but obviously we know things are not gonna be that easy and that is all I am gonna say except I want a pair of those goggles and I enjoyed the story and really hope to see more authors exploring and venturing out into areas of ancient myths and legends like this. It was just a fresh experience and nice change of pace away from my vamps and otherwordly creatures of the night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment