Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Book Review - Apocalypse by Hayley Anderton and Laura Swift

Apocalypse

Apocalypse by Hayley Anderton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

 

Synopsis: The virus has arrived.
A deadly virus that destroys humanity.
A virus that replaces the living with creatures that crave human flesh.
As the human race dwindles, an unlikely group of young survivors battle against the odds to stay alive and avoid joining the ranks of the undead.

Follow Cassie as she desperately searches for her brother; Heidi as she tries to cope with the consequences of her actions; and Ginge as she takes on a new role of keeping everyone alive.

Lives will be lost.

The army of the dead will keep on growing.

Welcome to the apocalypse.

My Thoughts: I have read and watched soooo many zombie stories, as I am yes a freak to anything zombie, but after so many you begin to wonder what the next story can add or change to make itself unique or different and I was a bit apprehensive when I began Apocalypse but from the first page was immediately immersed in the story and invested in the characters because for me to enjoy any book I have to be able to really connect or have some strong feelings for the characters or I'm bored to tears. As I write this even I am sitting here wondering what will become of them.

I feel like Apocalypse did a wonderful job of getting us into the story and introducing us to some of the main persons of interest and as is usually always with series has left us on a cliffhanger and I'm ready to carry on and see what happens next! OMG that ending has me worried and ready to bite my nails!

My only few issues, none of which took anything away from the story, is wondering where did the virus originate and how was technology taken out so suddenly? I mean it felt like we were dropped into an apocalypse already in progress in lieu of one just starting.

*I was given a copy of this story for my honest opinion from the author.


View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment