Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Book Review - A Houe at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman

A House at the Bottom of a Lake

A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:  Both seventeen. Both afraid. But both saying yes.

It sounded like the perfect first date: canoeing across a chain of lakes, sandwiches and beer in the cooler. But teenagers Amelia and James discover something below the water’s surface that changes their lives forever.

It’s got two stories.

It’s got a garden.

And the front door is open.

It’s a house at the bottom of a lake.

For the teens, there is only one rule: no questions. And yet, how could a place so spectacular come with no price tag? While the duo plays house beneath the waves, one reality remains:

Just because a house is empty, doesn’t mean nobody’s home.

 

My Thoughts: I'm rounding this up to a 4 star because while I hated the ending as I hate open ended stories I did actually enjoy myself. The whole concept of diving and finding an underwater house and all the creepiness of the exploration of it was quite cool! The little romance was meh and the characters were a bit annoying in my opinion but I feel like that is not the stories fault but just in keeping with the young age of the characters.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment