Monday, September 10, 2012

Review - Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan

Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: April 19, 2011
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 235 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: Lois Duncan
Have you ever been haunted by the feeling that someone is spying on you, lurking around your house and yard, even entering your bedroom? Are your friends plotting against you when they say they've seen you do things you know you haven't done? What's going on -- and does Laurie really want to find out?
In one word - Freaky! I stayed up way past my bedtime to finish this story! It was really scary in a neat way. I totally freaked when she was sitting in front of the mirror and her image smiled at her and she realized that she herself was NOT smiling! Ohhhh I love it when things like that happens in movies and it sent a chill over me while reading it here as well!

I despised Laurie's so called friends and boyfriend. I'm like all they had to do if they cared at all was ask her family if she had been home sick but instead they would rather doubt her. That's just not a friend to me which it more or less says she was only a member of their crowd on accounts of her popular boyfriend anyhow but still...

I was not overly excited about "part" of the ending but if I explain I will be spoiling it for anybody whose not read it so I will leave it at that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment