Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review - Rocky Road Trip by Catherine Clark

Rocky Road Trip by Catherine Clark
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: June 10, 2008
Pages: 336 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 1/5
Author Site: Catherine Clark
It was a zoo the day I left.

All I remember is pulling out of the driveway. I thought I was going to crumble into a hundred pieces.

I looked at Grant. He looked at me.

I sadly really really disliked this book. The one star actually is for the cute cover. I hate that I didn't like it because the synopsis made it sound soooo good and the cover is really cute but hence this is why one does not supposed to judge a book by it's cover.

One of my biggest pet peeves is the book has NO chapters but instead is divided up into long diary entries...long boring whiny diary entries that I grew sick of before I got into the book 50 pages but still I trudged on and listened to Courtney moan and groan about going away to college, hating her roomate, and sulking because Grant her boyfriend was having a wonderful time at his college without her. Heck I bet he sang Hallelujah on the day she left!

1 comment:

  1. haha your review was FUNNY! and I'm so sad that you didn't like it! i actually have it and its sequel! I will still give it a try but my expectations have definitely been lowered!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete