Monday, April 16, 2012

Review - Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper
Released: March 31, 2009
Publisher: Pocket Star
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 384 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Publisher
Rating: 3/5
Author Site: Molly Harper
Maybe it was the Shenanigans gift certificate that put her over the edge. When children's librarian and self-professed nice girl Jane Jameson is fired by her beastly boss and handed twenty-five dollars in potato skins instead of a severance check, she goes on a bender that's sure to become Half Moon Hollow legend. Jane is now the latest recipient of a gift basket from the Newly Undead Welcoming Committee, and her life-after-lifestyle is taking some getting used to.
Even though I really enjoyed reading it, I could only bring myself to give Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs 3/5 stars because while the story was laugh out loud funny it seemed to lack much originality or depth. Jane basically gets turned into a vampire after a freak hunting accident and we follow her as she tries to deal with her "undead life".

Jane was okay but she just wasn't "emotional" enough for me? I can't think of a better word for what I am trying to say right now but like I would still be freaking out if I had found out I was now a vampire and had to begin drinking blood and rearranging different aspects of my life and she did get a "little" excited at first but it was like she succomed to it to easily and the romance if you can call it that between her and Gabriel was just kinda weird. It was rushed and well it just wasn't realistic for me. It was like an on again off again type of relationship where one moment was sorta hot and the next was like oh no we can't be together.

But like I said it was still funny. I especially loved the scene where her best friend found out she was a vampire and I loved the fact that Jane was a librarian! I love reading stories that have libraries, bookstores, and ect... in them. The ending left lots of promise for the next book so I plan on continuing on with this series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment