Monday, April 2, 2012

Review - A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang

A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang
Released: January 25, 2011
Publisher: Pocket Books
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 242 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Publisher
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: Allison Pang
Six months ago, Abby Sinclair was struggling to pick up the pieces of her shattered life. Now, she has an enchanted iPod, a miniature unicorn living in her underwear drawer, and a magical marketplace to manage.
AWesome Debut! I knew this was gonna be a wild and wicked read from the first sentence which is from our heroine describing what she is smelling. "Cat piss and cabbages." No further details there I will just let your mind wander! Seriously there is barely a dull moment in the entire book and it is filled to the brim with all kinds of otherworld folks from angels and daemons to fae and unicorns. I have always dreamed of unicorns but I am not so sure Phineas and I would get along as he is the size of a small dog and loves plundering in womens underwear!

The plot is pretty basic as plots go...there are missing people, a mystery to solve, a sexy incubus naturally needing... ahem some loving while helping solve said mystery but Allison writes in a way that even though the plot is basic her characters came to life for me and they were funny and sassy and Brystion was just all out yummy. The ending wasn't all that huge of a cliffhanger but enough to encourage me to pick up the next book and ladies and gents I am off to do that now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment