Thursday, May 14, 2020

Book Review - What Lies Between us by John Marrs

What Lies Between UsWhat Lies Between Us by John Marrs

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis: Nina can never forgive Maggie for what she did. And she can never let her leave.

They say every house has its secrets, and the house that Maggie and Nina have shared for so long is no different. Except that these secrets are not buried in the past.

Every other night, Maggie and Nina have dinner together. When they are finished, Nina helps Maggie back to her room in the attic, and into the heavy chain that keeps her there. Because Maggie has done things to Nina that can’t ever be forgiven, and now she is paying the price.

But there are many things about the past that Nina doesn’t know, and Maggie is going to keep it that way—even if it kills her.

Because in this house, the truth is more dangerous than lies.


My Thoughts: Oh My God this was one of those hard to put down books! It grabbed me by the hand and kept my fingers flipping way into the night and oh the chapters...they were those nice short ones I love but at the end of each chapter was a tiny cliffhanger that made you want to go on ahead and see what happens next and I'd end up staying up even longer than anticipated. Needless to say this was a very quick read!

I had a hard time trying to figure out who the biggest monster was in What Lies Between Us because all is not so black and white as you'd think between mother and daughter. My mouth dropped wide on so many parts! So many things get thrown at ya in this story! John Marrs has done it again! Totally one of my goto auto purchase authors!

I was provided a copy of this story for an honest review!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. this sounds like one for me. great review and i am super curious
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete