Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review - This Pen for Hire by Laura Levine

This Pen For Hire (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #1)This Pen For Hire by Laura Levine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis: In the first novel in her wickedly witty new mystery series, Laura Levine introduces Jaine Austen, a hip, jack-of-all trades writer who spends her days penning smarmy personal ads and daring declarations of passion--and her nights looking for Mr. Right in Hollywood's swinging singles scene.

Review: I have to be totally honest first of all and say I picked this book up pretty much based on the cover. I'm sorry... I know we're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but come on who wants to read an ugly book and this one was just so doggone cute!

And wow I really ended up liking it! I flew thru it in just a coupla hours it was so entertaining! It kinda has a Stephanie Plum flair to it but then not so much. Stephanie is funny but more toughish whereas Jaine is funny and brainyish?

Jaine kept me smiling with all her made up jobs while working to try to help a client of hers out of a murder mess. I loved when she would converse with her cat "Prozac" and oh my gosh I would have been done went off on her nosy and annoying neighbor! I'm just not gonna go there...you'll just have to pick this up and read how annoying the poor man is.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This does sound fun! Sometimes I pick up books based on their cover and they turn out to be great- and sometimes they are terrible. Good to know this one was entertaining. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete