Sunday, August 12, 2012

Review - The Restorer by Amanda Stevens

The Restorer by Amanda Stevens
Released: February 21, 2012
Publisher: Mira
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 368 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: Amanda Stevens
Never acknowledge the dead.
Never stray far from hallowed ground.

Never get close to the haunted.

Never, ever tempt fate.

My name is Amelia Gray. I'm a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. In order to protect myself from the parasitic nature of the dead, I've always held fast to these rules passed down from my father…until now.
The Restorer was way better than I thought it was going to be. I don't know why I felt so intimidated by this book or held back from reading it for so long because it was really really good! I actually bought the trilogy on a whim for the simple fact it was a story based in my state (SC) and of the paranormal genre.

Amelia can see and feel ghosts but has been warned by her father, who can also see and feel them, since childhood to never acknowledge them or else be haunted forever and up until now she has always followed the rules he gave her but while restoring an old cemetery she finds herself wrapped up in a murder mystery and has to help a haunted detective find a killer as the body count rises.

I could not put it down! It was a fresh spin on what I have always been told about dealing with ghosts which is to face them and demand to know what they want. I was guessing until the end on who the culprit was. I had an idea but every time I thought I had things figured out something new would arise or a new angle would be presented and the ending left me wanting to find out more of her father and what he is hiding so yes, I will totally be reading the next book in this series!


0 comments:

Post a Comment