Friday, August 24, 2012

Review - Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Bumped by Megan McCafferty
Released: April 26, 2011
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 336 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 2/5
Author Site: Megan McCafferty
Sixteen-year-old identical twins Melody and Harmony were separated at birth and have never met until the day Harmony shows up on Melody’s doorstep. Up to now, the twins have followed completely opposite paths. Melody has scored an enviable conception contract with a couple called the Jaydens. While they are searching for the perfect partner for Melody to bump with, she is fighting her attraction to her best friend, Zen, who is way too short for the job.
I found Bumped to be just a meh book....it wasn't bad it's just one of those I had gotten all excited about and found it to not live up to my expectations.

The story in itself I found interesting but I couldn't connect with any of the characters. Usually I can at least really hate the villain/bad person but there really isn't one nor one that is particularly that great. They just weren't very likable or easy to relate to.

The story felt rushed and alot of times I found I was sitting there thinking..what the heck? I didn't know who was the most mixed up me or the characters because one minute you got the church raised twin being all holier than thou and the next minute she is doing the very things she supposedly came to talk her twin out of doing.

The ending was no big cliff hanger for me and I am not sure at this point if the next book is in my near future if at all unless my local library happens to have it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment