Saturday, September 5, 2020

Book Review - American Slaughterhouse by Doc Cage

American Slaughterhouse: confessions of a 911 paramedic

American Slaughterhouse: confessions of a 911 paramedic by Doc Cage
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

 Synopsis:The confessions of Doc Cage were declassified following his death to coronavirus in 2020 at the age of forty-nine.

For many years a combat medic in the US army, Doc Cage became a 911 paramedic in New York in 2010. He appeared to be a regular family man in Queens, where in reality he was a depraved killer.

Sergeant Cage served in Afghanistan, after witnessing 9/11, and in various other hot spots around the world. In addition to discussing his marriage and children, his diary touches on his childhood where so much damage was done. In his own words, Cage even confesses to torturing a drug cartel rival in Mexico as a teenager.

The Cage confessions are an attempt to understand how a New Yorker on the frontline in the war against the Covid-19 pandemic, led a double life of violence and murder, while deliberately exposing the public to the coronavirus that killed him.

 

My Thoughts: I don't know what I was expecting when I went into this but nothing could have prepared me for what I just read. It wont be for everybody and certainly not for the faint of heart. This story will evoke feelings in you that if you're like me you never knew you had.

The writing was excellant but the story itself made me pure sick at times and oh man the main character was one of those type characters who you loved to despise and I did with a passion. Not only for the sickening hatefull things he did but how thru his place in society he was able to get away with doing them so easily.

American Slaughterhouse is one of those stories that will sit with you long after the last page and will make you wonder if things like this really could and does happen in real life today? I can honestly say I dont doubt much anymore nowadays. It wasn't even a year ago that I never would have thought I'd be having to wear a mask everywhere I went!

Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for providing an advanced copy for me to read and give my honest opinion on.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment