Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review - Captivate by Vanessa Garden

In a glittering underwater world, nothing is as it seems...

For the past twelve months since her parents’ death, seventeen-year-old Miranda Sun has harboured a dark secret — a secret that has strained the close relationship she once shared with her older sister, Lauren. In an effort to repair this broken bond, Miranda’s grandparents whisk the siblings away on a secluded beach holiday. Except before Miranda gets a chance to confess her life-changing secret, she’s dragged underwater by a mysterious stranger while taking a midnight swim.


Review: I loved Captivate! The world was amazing as was the story and characters. At first I was thinking it was about mermaids being a sea story and all but it was a pleasant surprise it was an under sea adventure.

There was no magical or paranormal stuff involved just a breathtaking abduction and love story that sucked me in and left me actually rooting for the "bad" guy Marco in the end. There were a few parts I almost cried and for a story to have that kind of effect on me.....it was really good.

I longed for more and didn't want it to end! The title totally fits as this was a "captivating" adventure!

1 comment: