Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review - A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake. A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood. She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine. An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains. Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince.

Holy Cow I Loved It! (5/5 Stars Loved It!) I have not felt so moved and into a vampire story in so long but the emotion that flows between Derek and Sofia as they explore their feelings for each other was just so powerful I hung on every word. I think there may have even been an instance I swooned.

One of my favorite phrases was:

"He was about to sink his teeth into my bare neck and drink my blood. I had every right to feel violated, but I didn’t. What does that say about me?"

A Shade of Vampire available now from
Amazon - USA / Amazon - UK


Connect with Bella
Facebook / Twitter / Goodreads
Sign up HERE for personal updates

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jennifer for taking the time to review it! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete