Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review - A Chalice of Wind by Cate Tiernan

A Chalice of Wind by Cate Tiernan
Released: May 29, 2008
Publisher: Paw Prints
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 250 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 3/5
After seventeen-year-old Thais Allard loses her widowed father in a tragic car accident, she is forced to leave the only home she’s ever known to live with a total stranger in New Orleans.New Orleans greets Thais with many secrets and mysteries.
Took me a bit to get into the story. It just wasn't appealing to me at first but once Thais moves to New Orleans and begins sharing opinions on her weird new guardian my interest peaked.

Things were hard enough on the poor girl as it was what with losing her father and being orphaned, to thinking she would be able to live with her elderly next door neighbor, and then being whisked off across the states with a guardian she had never heard of, but then once she tries to settle into her new home not only is her guardian and her friends creepy as all get out but she goes to school only to bump into somebody that was her mirror image right down to an identical birthmark!

Oh my gosh I would totally be freaking! Pass the Xanax I am about to flip out would be more like it! I could almost feel the sizzle when the two girls bumped into one another! The story just took off from there for me and had quite a few twists later that I enjoyed as Thais and Clio get to know one another and demand answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment