Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Review - Karma Girl by Jennifer Estep

Karma Girl by Jennifer Estep
Released: May 1, 2007
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 368 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: Jennifer Estep
Bigtime, New York, is not big enough for both Carmen Cole and the superheroes and ubervillains who stalk its streets. An intrepid reporter, Carmen's dedicated her life to unmasking the spandexwearers, all because her fiancŽ turned out to be a superhero, and a cheating one at that-sleeping with none other than his nubile nemesis.
This was a very fun read about a woman scorned who just so happened to be a modern day Lois Lane! On the day of her wedding she finds her fiance having sex with her best friend and on top of that they turn out to be a super hero and a ubervillain and she never had a clue! Was she hurt? Heck no she was mad as hell and went on a rampage using her job as a reporter to unmask any and every superhuman she could to exact her revenge. We can already see even this far in that she is gonna find herself in some deep doo-doo fairly quick right? Trajedy is certainly on the horizon and she must depend on the very ones she is unmasking for help and/or love perhaps?

This was my first taste of Jennifer Estep and now I am not only anxious to continue this series but also pick up her Elemental one! It was just different from the stories I am used to reading with my furry friends and dead friends and those hunks that bite. Makes me wanna sing out "I kissed a superhero and I liked it!" lol

3 comments:

  1. I just recently picked this one up. I really love her YA series, the Mythos Academy, so I am eager to read her adult books as well. The Elemental Series looks so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I meant to comment on your post because I picked it up the same week you did I think! lol I have been meaning to pick up her YA series but just have not yet but they are totally on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this book and I totally loved it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete