Thursday, February 20, 2020

Book Review - Chasing Cleopatra by Tina Sloan





Synopsis: To the untrained eye, Cleopatra Gallier appears to lead a charmed life in Honolulu's paradise. She is impossibly beautiful, clever, wealthy and ... trained to kill.

When she enters into a love affair with the much younger, irresistibly handsome rogue, Jake Regan, she finds herself colliding with an intricate terrorist plot. Her secret past, like Hawaii's smoldering volcano, is ready to erupt. In the four days leading up to Christmas, two stunning betrayals and a terrorist attack threaten to reduce her and the island she loves to ashes.

As Cleopatra's deadly skills are put to the test, she must first untangle the devastating secrets of her past.

Don't miss this debut novel, a gripping page-turner from acclaimed American actress, playwright, and author, Tina Sloan.

Chasing Cleopatra will get your heart racing and reveal what it truly means to love.



My Thoughts: Let me start by saying I jumped at the chance to read Chasing Cleopatra when I found out who the author was! I'm gonna show my age when I tell you I used to watch this lady every single day after school on the much missed soap opera Guiding Light on CBS. She played the amazing character of Lillian Raines and I just adored her so how could I not have my interest peaked to read this?

I wasn't disappointed at all! The story has virtually everything one could ask for from suspense and romance to thrilling betrayals and envy.  We have action from the start and it just keeps picking up steam and tossing us twisted plots in more ways than one!

I was into all the characters especially the way the author gives them each a voice with alternating chapters between them. It gave me a better understanding of what each was doing/thinking and their feelings and all but naturally I was totally into Cleo's character. She knew what she liked and dared to go after it. She's had some rough patches and heartaches she's been trying to work thru in her life and they are revealed thru out the story. I enjoyed her and just hopped on and went along for the ride as she not only had what she thought was gonna be a brief fling with a vacationing Jake but what quickly turns into more than any of them would ever realize! So many surprises and twists! I LOVED it!

*I was given a free copy of this February 2020 Debut for an honest review.

 Meet The Author


 Tina Sloan is best known for her 26-year-role on CBS’s soap opera Guiding Light and as the author of Changing Shoes: Getting Older – Not Old – with Style, Humor and Grace, based on her autobiographical one-woman show. Some of Sloan’s most notable on-screen appearances include roles in Law & Order: SVU, Third Watch, Celebrity, The Curse of the Jade Scorpion, The Brave One, Changing Lanes, The Guru, People I Know, and Black Swan. Her latest projects include being part of an all-star cast on the soap web series Beacon Hill and Venice, and she continues to be a sought-after speaker. She divides her time between Florida and Maryland with her husband of 44 years, where they enjoy time with their son, his wife and 2 grandchildren.

1 comment: