Friday, October 10, 2014

I Ate a Cicada Today By Jeff Crossan


Book Description: Based on a song of outrageous rhymes, I Ate a Cicada Today is a humorous children's picture book illustrated in ink and watercolor with an accompanying CD. Each two-page spread features a verse about a different animal or insect including such fanciful scenarios as "I peppered a leopard today" and "I hid a giant squid today." The CD is a guitar/vocal performance of the song by author/illustrator Jeff Crossan, who interjects each verse with a short spoken aside to provide added comic punch to the zany lyrics.

My Thoughts: Our little boy enjoyed this more than our little girl but I myself found it funny and catchy and enjoyed listening to the CD that came inside with them. I think it would have been a bit better had the words rhymed more but still it was interesting and so beautifully illustrated that you'd want to read it again and again just to look at the pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment