Thursday, March 20, 2014

Review - The Locket by Stacey Jay

On her seventeenth birthday, Katie discovers a locket and decides to wear it for good luck. But when her boyfriend Isaac finds out she cheated on him - with their mutual best friend Mitch, no less - he dumps her, leaving her devastated.

Review: I usually don't like time travel stories but this one was kinda light and not to much for me to keep up with or understand. It revolves around Katie and her boyfriend Issac who she has loved since they were kids. There has been an kiss between her and their mutual friend Mitch and Katie feels so guilty about it that she wishes she could go back and erase it from happening so they can all just go back to being friends and no hurt feelings between any of them. Katie gets her wish when she happens upon a locket of her visiting grandmother's and tries it on and is taken back to before the kiss but sometimes things are better left alone and is changing the past really for the best?

I have said a million times, in my own life, if only this woulda happened or if only I could go back but after reading The Locket I think I will leave destiny to fall as it may. Things really do happen for a reason and too much can be horribly messed up if we are to be allowed to go back and "fix" things. It's a book that made me really think about my life and realize that some of the best things in my life are some of the things I never even dreamed up and am so thankful for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment