Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Review - Time Off For Good Behavior by Lani Diane Rich

Time Off For Good Behavior by Lani Diane Rich
Released: May 23, 2012
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 260
Format: Kindle
Source: Freebie
Rating: 3/5
For Wanda Lane, life has been one long string of screw-ups. Her abusive ex-husband keeps threatening to kill her, she just lost her crappy job, and a head injury has left her hearing phantom music no one else can hear. It isn't until she hits the rock bottom of her bottle of scotch that she begins to wonder if maybe -- just maybe -- the problem is her.

I didn't fall in love with this book right away; in fact I was typically bored early on and wanted to just chunk it mainly because I don't think I liked Wanda and her smart ass mouth and attitude but after taking a moment to step back and re-evaluate my way of thinking I saw her in a new light and my whole perspective of Wanda changed and I began to enjoy the book a bit better.

Initially I was thinking of her as crabby and foul mouthed but then I took into consideration some of the things she had been thru, even though alot of it was her own doing, and that she wasn't always this way and after a while it genuinely seemed she wanted to change but had no clue where to start. I went from hating her character, to feeling sorry for her, and by the end of the book I was all "You go girl!"

If you've ever had an identity crisis or just plain out felt there was no help for yourself then I think you will totally enjoy this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment