Monday, March 12, 2012

Review - Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen by Lauren Kate
Released: September 28, 2010
Publisher: Ember
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 496 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: 3/5
Author Site: Lauren Kate
There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.
It has taken me a while to complete reading Fallen. I kept picking it up and putting it back down from lack of interest. I feel so bad because it has gotten so many wonderful reviews but even after I was in over 200 pages I still was really not into it. Everytime I thought "this" is the moment it is going to take off it just would fizzle back out. The characters were meh but I never really connected with any of them not even Luce. It's obvious she and Daniel is supposed to have this huge love for each other yet he treats her really bad and it seems that the worse he treats her the more intrigued she is with him. The story just drags and drags and only in about the last quarter redeems itself and peaks my attention. I will continue on with the series and hope Torment is better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment