Monday, March 5, 2012

Review - The Eternal Child by David Wasserman

The Eternal Child by David Wasserman
Released: September 25, 2011
Publisher: Outskirts Press
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 222 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Author
Rating: 3/5
For centuries, Alex Montera has led a life of running and hiding. That all changes when he comes to the rescue of Iris Lisanté. He finds himself mysteriously drawn to her, and as the two grow close, Iris soon discovers a world beyond her wildest imagination, a world of vampires, werewolves, and other creatures hidden from the rest of the world.
Let me begin by saying I applaud David Wasserman for his imagination and effort in his book The Eternal Child. David is only a senior in High School and has already taken his first big steps in making a wonderful career as an author!

The Eternal Child is an awesome story with some pretty peculiar characters but I feel it would have benefitted so much more with an editor's helping hand to smooth over some of the spelling errors and out of order passages like on page 32 Alex tells who came into the classroom and sits beside him, which was a guy named Ben, but then on the very next page when Ben passes by his table in the cafeteria he asks his new friends who he was. Other than small things like that a few of the biggest things that bothered me was for one the story itself just had a rushed feel to it. It seemed the guy had done saved the girl, fell in love with her, became her boyfriend, and fit in at her school like he had lived there forever in the first 30 pages? The other thing was during much of the reading I felt like I was being "told" the story instead of "showing" it to me. I have to have alot of visuals to enjoy what I am reading.

Other than those issues the actual story was full of awesomeness and I hope to see more from David in the years to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment