Monday, December 12, 2011

Review - Killing Rites by MLN Hanover

Killing Rites by MLN Hanover
Released: November 29, 2011
Publisher: Pocket Books
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 384 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Publisher
Rating: 4/5
Author Site: MLN Hanover
JaynÉ Heller has discovered the source of her uncanny powers: something else is living inside her body. She's possessed. Of all her companions, she can only bring herself to confide in Ex, the former priest. They seek help from his old teacher and the circle of friends he left behind, hoping to cleanse JaynÉ before the parasite in her becomes too powerful.
I am getting frustrated but a good kind of frustrated. I want Ex and Jayne to hurry up and get together but maybe it's better this way letting them take their time because she is still kinda on the rebound with Aubrey and Ex is well he's Ex.... but to get on with my review; this was a very happening book! Jayne realized that she did in fact have a rider and worked with Ex and some of his old comrades to try to disperse it but during the ceremony something goes wrong and she tries to let them know but they think it is a trick and Jayne barely escapes some dreadful consequences not to mention having to go on the run from her dear friends because they think she is not in control therefore once again landing her all on her own. I felt so sad for her because seems everytime things start looking up and she has some makeshift family all heck tears it apart.

On the upside my favorite character was back for a short snip in this book; Midian. I just love his snippy short comments and his view of how things are and he flat out let Jayne know exactly what he thought of dear old uncle Eric but um I will let you see for yourself.

As much as I really enjoyed Killing Rites and look forward to another installment, I just can't say I was totally satisfied with the ending. I expected more to come from the big fight scene I guess and felt it lacked the umph it should of had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment