Friday, August 26, 2011

Review - Blood Memories by Barb Hendee

Blood Memories by Barb Hendee
Released: October 7, 2008
Publisher: Roc Trade
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 256 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Author Site: Barb Hendee

Eleisha Clevon has the face of a teen angel, but she is no angel. Unlike most vampires, she doesn’t like to kill, but self-preservation comes first.

When an old friend destroys himself by walking into sunlight right in front of her, Eleisha is shocked. And what she finds afterwards points to how very sick of his existence her friend had become—piling drained corpses in the basement and keeping records of other vampires’ real names and addresses. That’s a problem.

Because now, there are policemen on the case: two very special humans with some gifts of their own. They know who Eleisha is, and, even more dangerous, what she is.
This story was just meh for me. I cant quite put my finger on what I didn't like about it. I feel like it could be that Eleisha is such a weakling that the other characters had to kind of tug her along to make the storyline work at all. About the only thing that I liked about her was her care giving for William. She was just "to" soft was my problem I guess because I am so used to kick ass no foul heriones that Eleisha really never stood a chance with me.

Although this was just NOT the book for me I have read rave reviews on other works that I may check out by Barb including her Noble Dead Series beginning with Dhampir.

A con-artist who poses as a vampire slayer learns that she is, in fact, a true vampire slayer-a dhampir-whose actions have attracted the unwanted attention of a trio of powerful vampires seeking her blood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment