Saturday, March 7, 2020

Book Spotlight - War for Humanity: The Wrath of Black Scar by A.R. Lerwill


Synopsis:  ‘War for Humanity’ is a coming-of-age story set in the future after an apocalypse, where a rival species has risen to claim superiority, and a young human warrior named Aldber is caught in the midst of the climactic war. The conflict will challenge his beliefs and identity, the consequences of which will decide the fate of the world forever. Although set in a post-apocalyptic world, all of the topics discussed relate to our current times: racism, religion, inequality, privilege, monetary greed, climate change, feminism, homophobia, toxic masculinity, mental health, the impact of technology, disability discrimination, the advent of artificial intelligence. It is also injected with politics, philosophy, spirituality, and personal experiences to make it treatment on the human condition.

You can find a 3 Chapter Sampler on the author's web page HERE 

 

From the Author

The creative journey started many years ago when as a boy my uncle took me to the cinema to see the special edition version of ‘Star Wars: A New Hope’. It was a mind-blowing experience, which left an everlasting impression; it sent my imagination into overdrive. At the time, my uncle also gifted me with a replica revolver, which I then used to play action-adventure games. This is when the first ideas for my story came to fruition.
Over time, I started to write down plot ideas, I developed the characters, and gradually created the world in which it all inhabits. The process has been both an exhilarating and challenging experience, and I hope that you will all enjoy reading it as much as I have loved creating it for you.
War for Humanity is more than just a story - it is part of the global conversation and I hope you can become part of it. 
The fight for survival is not our only destiny.
A.R. Lerwill

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This book certainly covers a lot of territory on timely topics of the day. It definitely sounds intriguing. Best wishes to the author on the new release.

    ReplyDelete