Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review - Pitch Green by The Brothers Washburn


Trona is a small, smoggy, mostly insignificant town in Colorado. Besides a booming chemical plant, the only thing that characterizes this dismal town is dirt, sagebrush, and an enormous abandoned mansion.

The mansion is, admittedly, the only notable addition to Trona, but it’s something everyone tries to avoid due to its creepy facade. Everyone except for Camm Smith, who is obsessed with the need to get inside.
Amazed at what The Brothers Washburn have put together here! It has a hint of everything in it including the mystery of people, mostly children, that have been disappearing for many years but yet the cases keep being discarded and everything is very hush hush when it comes to the huge and creepy Searles Mansion which seems to be at the root of it all.

I loved Camm and Cal! They were like the kids next door, so real and what you'd typically expect in actual teens. The chemistry between them was so amazing. I wished at one time there had been more of a romance angle but at the end realized it would have been a tough ending if there had been.

Although this is basically geared towards young adults, I admit I got the heebie jeebies and goosebumps reading it and if my lamp had flickered at any time I bet I would have jumped out of my skin in fright!

0 comments:

Post a Comment