Monday, December 12, 2011

Review - Eden by Tony Monchinski

Eden by Tony Monchinski
Released: November 29, 2011
Publisher: Permuted Press
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 320 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Publisher
Rating: 2/5
Author Site: Tony Monchinski
Seemingly overnight the world transforms into a barren wasteland ravaged by plague and overrun by hordes of flesh-eating zombies. A small band of desperate men and women stand their ground in a fortified compound in what had been Queens, New York. They've named their sanctuary Eden.

Harris--the unusual honest man in this dead world--races against time to solve a murder while maintaining his own humanity. Because the danger posed by the dead and diseased mass clawing at Eden's walls pales in comparison to the deceit and treachery Harris faces within.

I tried really hard to like this book because I am very pro zombie but it was just hard for me to get into. This is one that would have made a far better movie than book because of all the jumping around it did. It just did not read well for me because it starts out with zombies attacking then it jumps to the past then to a set of totally different folks then back to the zombie situation then another visit to the past and so on and so forth.

It's sad because it has the potential for a remarkable story had it been put together more chronologically. It was just to hard to keep up with what was going on as it is. I may have even been able to deal with it had the author marked the chapters like I have seen in some books like where they say "present day" or "2 months ago" ect... I should have been able to read this book in about an hour or so but instead it took me about a week because I kept wanting to throw it against a wall and not because it was that bad a book but because I wanted to like it so bad and couldn't I kept getting frustrated and puttin it down and reading books in between it and kept trying to get into the flow of it but alas it was to no avail.

0 comments:

Post a Comment