Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Review - Retribution (Dark-Hunter) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Retribution (Dark-Hunter) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Released: August 2, 2011
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 432 pages
Format: Hardback
Source: Bought
Author Site: Sherrilyn Kenyon

Harm no human…

A hired gunslinger, William Jessup Brady lived his life with one foot in the grave. He believed that every life had a price. Until the day when he finally found a reason to live. In one single act of brutal betrayal, he lost everything, including his life. Brought back by a Greek goddess to be one of her Dark-Hunters, he gave his immortal soul for vengeance and swore he’d spend eternity protecting the humans he’d once considered prey.

Orphaned as a toddler, Abigail Yager was taken in by a family of vampires and raised on one belief—Dark-Hunters are the evil who prey on both their people and mankind, and they must all be destroyed. While protecting her adoptive race, she has spent her life eliminating the Dark-Hunters and training for the day when she meeting the man who killed her family: Jess Brady.
I must first confess this is the first book ever I have read from Sherrilyn and am guilty of only grabbing it after seeing the hot trailer for it. I saw that trailer and OMG just had to rush out and get Retribution! I am usually so very anal about needing to read books in order if they are in a series but was assured that I should be able to read these without worrying about that. So I took a chance and broke my "code" lol

I really enjoyed the story and Jess I could just melt for with his quirky attitude and humor. But Abigail....I really really wanted to knock her senseless when she first came into the picture. She was like a loose cannon killing anything that moved and had an air of hostility based soley on sombody elses word. I dont think I could just go on a killing rampage like that without having some kind of actual proof. In her defence though she really did do alot of changing and growing up in Retribution once she followed her heart and not her loose emotions and eventually her and Jess joined forces to right some wrongs that had been set into motion.

I did feel a bit overwhelmed during my reading at times because I felt like there were so many evil things and people involved that I couldn't keep anybody straight except for basically Jess and Abigail but as I mentioned already this was my first book of Sherrilyn's and already have done some research and gathered that alot of these creatures and persons were introduced and in previous stories and I just need to go back and start at the beginning which I FULLY intend on doing!

Hope you enjoy the trailer as much as I did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment