Friday, January 21, 2022

Book Review - The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

The Midnight Library

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:  In The Midnight Library Nora Seed finds herself faced with a decision. Faced with the possibility of changing her life for a new one, following a different career, undoing old breakups, realizing her dreams of becoming a glaciologist; she must search within herself as she travels through the Midnight Library to decide what is truly fulfilling in life, and what makes it worth living in the first place.

Review: I'm usually not into much fantasy type stories but found this such a joy to read! The short chapters were an absolute plus for me and I found Nora easy to connect with. It was interesting just sitting back and pondering over my own life after and during the time I was reading this wondering about the different ways my life would have been over some of the simplest and tiniest decisions. It's just not something I think I have ever really given much thought to. But this was a very thought provoking tale!

With that being said I was pleased with how the story ended. There are no "perfect" lives. We have to take the good with the bad and try to live the life we have to the fullest the best way we can.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment